Our Retreat Centre is open and we are booking for Winter and Spring Overnight and Day Retreats.
All current Covid-19 Guidelines have been put in place for your and our staffs safety.
Contact us for details on how we can host a retreat for you this winter or spring.
Our retreat facilities are available year-round apart from July and August when our summer camps are running.
We believe that God has given us a special place here at Mill Stream that we offer to your teen group, college and careers, young adults, ladies or men’s group to have fellowship with the Lord and each other.
We provide accommodations, meals, and meeting rooms, you just bring the program! We welcome all age groups for retreats, conferences, meetings throughout the week or on the weekend. Our rates are very affordable including winterized accommodations for 20 to 110 people. We also offer several activities for each season.
We are located less than 90 minutes northeast of Toronto.
Available from September to June. Not available for July and most of August.
Mill Stream is situated on almost 40 acres of land bordering on the Pigeon River at an old millpond south east of Lindsay. We have winterized accommodations 20 to 110 people. You are required to bring your own bedding, towels and personal items.
Activities available for use:
- Floor Hockey
- Foos Ball
- Beach Volleyball**
- Ball Hockey
- Outdoor Sports Equipment
- Short Trails
- Snow Volleyball**
- Indoor rock wall climbing*
*Up to 3 hours free when booking a full weekend depending on group size
**When in season
Our facilities feature:
- Covered campfire which will hold 80 people.
- 30’ X 60’ outdoor in-ground pool (available June & August)
- Large paved sports pad
- Beach volleyball
- Multi purpose sports fields.
- Our Chapel which will seat up to 100 people (available May – October)
- Large year-round gymnasium
- Competitive and affordable rates
- Alternative food for medical dietary restrictions. We are unable to cater for individual preferences
The main floor of the Nelson Lodge is a welcoming setting with couches, comfy chairs, a fireplace, washrooms, showers, and plenty of room for indoor meetings and activities. The lower floor accommodates up to 42 people mostly on bunk style beds but includes 4 private rooms with double beds.
FOUR SEASON MOTEL
Our 4-season 4-unit motel will accommodate 2 to 5 people in each room. The two upper units each have 3-piece washrooms and a shared balcony. The two lower units are fully accessible each with a 3-piece washroom.
Our 4-season cabins will each accommodate up to 12 people. All 5 cabins have 6 bunk style beds and are heated with gas fireplaces. There are no washrooms in the cabins.
Our newly renovated Riverside Lounge is a more intimate setting with space for 15-20 people to meet and includes a washroom.
Riverview Auditorium is a multi-purpose facility, functioning as a chapel, banquet room, gymnasium for sports activities, or a meeting hall. There are over 5,600 square feet of floor space, a 12′ X 24′ stage, and 2 double indoor rock climbing walls. There are also washrooms and showers within the building.
You will enjoy our home-style meals in our bright Riverview Dining Room overlooking the scenic Pigeon River. This year-round dining hall will accommodate up to 110 people.
How do I book a retreat?
- Contact us to find out if the retreat centre is available for your time frame.
- Once we have agreed on your date we require completed contract and a $500 non-refundable deposit, paid by cash, cheque, money order, e-transfer, Visa or MasterCard.
- Confirmation of your booking will be sent to your retreat coordinator.
How many rooms are available?
- There are 6 sleeping rooms available in the Nelson Lodge and we have 5 year-round heated cabins.
- We also have a 4 unit motel (extra fees may apply)
What are the sleeping accommodations like?
- Nelson Lodge – 4 rooms have one bunk-bed and one double bed, 1 room has six bunk-beds and one double bed, and 1 room has eight bunk-beds and one double bed.
- Motel – Each unit has bunk beds and a double bed. The 2 lower units are fully accessible and have self-contained 3-piece washrooms.
- Cabins – 5 year-round heated cabins with 6 bunk-beds in each cabin. There are no washrooms in the cabins.
How many beds are there?
- In total we have sleeping for 110 people.
- Accommodations are suitable for up to 64 seniors (individual sleeping and no top bunks in use).
- Accomodations are assigned based on group size and need.
Can we bring food and cook our own meals?
- All meals are prepared by our own staff and there is no cooking allowed by our rental groups.
- There is absolutely no cooking allowed in any of our accommodations or on the property as per our Fire Regulations. This includes the use of coffee makers, kettles, small appliances, BBQ’s, etc.
Can we bring our own snacks?
- Yes, you may bring your own snacks but we request that you keep all snacks and drinks in the designated eating areas and outside of sleeping areas.
- Snacks requiring hot water or heating must be consumed in the dining room only and with prior arrangement. Only our cooking staff is allowed in the kitchen.
How do we check in?
- When entering the camp drive to the end of the driveway and check-in at the office.
- Upon arrival your host/hostess will greet you and show you where your sleeping and meeting accommodations are. They will be able to answer any questions you may have.
What rooms are available for meetings?
- The main meeting room is the main level of the Nelson Lodge. This room will accommodate up to 75 people.
- Riverside Lounge will accommodate small meeting up to 20 people.
- Riverview Gymnasium can be utilized for assemblies of more than 75 people.
- The Chapel is a summer seasonal building which will accommodate seating for up to 100 people.
How do we make our payment?
- Your payment for the retreat is required to be paid either during or at the end of the retreat prior to your departure.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, money order, Visa, MasterCard, Interac Debit or e-transfer.
What’s the closest town?
- The Village of Omemee is 10 minutes east of the camp. It has a small grocery store, pharmacy and diner-type restaurants.
- The Town of Lindsay is 15 minutes north of the camp and has several chain-type restaurants, several small shopping malls, fast foods, gas stations, grocery stores and a hospital.
What happens if we have to cancel?
- We need to know by the Monday morning prior to your booking weekend as our food orders are completed this day.
- The deposit you provided is non-refundable unless we can rebook your weekend with another group.
What equipment is included with your booking?
- Video Projector
- Overhead Screen
- Beach Volleyball
- Soccer Balls
- Softball Equipment
- VCR/DVD Player
- Hockey Sticks
- Hockey Nets